When it comes to deciding how to handle property maintenance services, it often boils down to the question of whether you should use in-house repairman or outsource your property maintenance work.
Here are some things to consider:
- Property maintenance costs of a full-time repairman vs temporary repairman vs outsourcing task
- What is the workload capacity of work orders for in-house repairmen?
- What type of property maintenance repair work you are doing most often?
- Does the work need immediate attention or can be scheduled later?
- What is the level of expertise, skill set, and professional licenses required?
For multifamily property managers who will handle most of their residential property maintenance services with their in-house team of repairmen, it doesn’t always make sense to keep tasks in-house. Sometimes, it is both most cost effective and operationally efficient to outsource your property maintenance work to experienced technical professionals.